Development Background of Diamond Tools

Time:2019-05-03 browsed:859

Development Background of Diamond Tools

Tools are the extension of human ability and the lever to promote social development and progress. Tools play an irreplaceable role in the history of human development. With the requirement of high efficiency and high precision, the production technology of tools is becoming more and more demanding. Fifty years ago, people were trying to find out how to change the hard and inefficient working conditions of hard and brittle materials processing industry. Until 1955, artificial diamond was synthesized successfully in the United States for the first time, which laid a foundation for the manufacture and promotion of diamond tools. At the same time, it also brought dawn to many hard and brittle non-metallic materials processing industries and became a man. An epoch-making tool revolution in the history of analogy, its processing efficiency is obviously higher than before. Diamond tools, with its unparalleled performance advantages, have become the only recognized and effective tool for processing hard and brittle non-metallic materials. For example, only diamond tools can process super-hard ceramics, and there are no other substitutes. Diamond grinding wheels are used to grind cemented carbide, which is 10,000 times more durable than silicon carbide. Using diamond abrasive instead of silicon carbide abrasive to process optical glass can increase production efficiency by several times to tens of times. The service life of diamond polycrystalline drawing die is 250 times longer than that of carbide drawing die.

With the continuous development of China's economy, diamond tools are not only widely used in civil construction and civil engineering, stone processing industry, automobile industry, transportation industry, geological prospecting and national defense industry and other modern high-tech fields, but also in gemstones, medical instruments, wood, glass fiber reinforced plastics, stone handicraft, ceramics and other modern high-tech fields. Many new fields, such as composite non-metallic hard and brittle materials, are constantly emerging, and the demand for diamond tools is increasing year by year.

As far as product positioning is concerned, the market of diamond tools is generally divided into professional market and general market. The requirements of the professional market for diamond tools are mainly reflected in the higher requirements for performance indicators, that is, for specific cutting equipment and materials, diamond tools must meet certain cutting efficiency, cutting life and processing accuracy and other technical indicators. The output of professional diamond tools is only about 10% of the total diamond tool products, but its market sales account for 80% to 90% of the total diamond tool market.

In the 1960s, diamond tool manufacturing industry took the lead in industrialization and rapid development in developed countries in Europe and the United States. In the 1970s, Japan won the competitive advantage with its relatively low manufacturing cost and quickly became one of the leading diamond tool manufacturers. In the 1980s, Korea replaced Japan as a rising star in the diamond tool industry. In the 1990s, along with the rise of China's manufacturing industry in the world, China's diamond tool manufacturing industry began to start, and gradually showed strong competitiveness. After more than ten years of development, China has thousands of diamond tool manufacturers with an annual output value of over 10 billion yuan, which has become an international diamond worker after Korea. One of the major suppliers with markets.

With the technological accumulation and progress of China's diamond tool manufacturing industry, China's diamond tool enterprises are now fully equipped with the ability to manufacture high-grade diamond tools, and have significant cost-effective advantages. The technological monopoly of western countries in the high-end professional market has been broken. The trend of Chinese diamond tool enterprises to enter the middle and high-end market has emerged.

In terms of product types, China's diamond tool enterprises mainly produce: diamond saw blades, diamond drills, diamond bowl grinding and diamond tools, diamond, diamond resin grinding blocks and other products. Among them, diamond saw blade is a kind of diamond tool enterprise with large output in China.